Jim Kwik woke up in the hospital after suffering head trauma in kindergarten and thereafter experienced profound learning difficulties to the point that he was called "the boy with the broken brain" by his classmates. He's since dedicated his life to learning any available mental trick to overcome his difficulties, and his passion and expertise in the realm of memory have led to him becoming the go-to instructor for people who want to remember better.
What you'll learn from this episode:
- How Jim overcame problems with what he calls a horrible memory and problems reading to now reading five books a week.
- Genetics and biology are only responsible for a third of our memory; two thirds are in our control—and a big part of this is our diet.
- How Jim stopped being shy and introverted to going on to speak at some of the top conferences around the world.
- How to easily memorize all ten of the Genius Foods featured in my book so you can head to any supermarket without a shopping list and stock up on all the foods that you need to build your best brain yet.
- The mechanics of voluntary thought and a framework to enjoy learning, reading, and understanding so you can be more effective in your personal and professional life whether you're a student, performer, executive, or mom trying to remember what to pick up from the grocery store!
- And much more!
This podcast is sponsored by my friends at Genuine Health, a Toronto-based supplement company committed to helping others achieve optimum health—naturally. Check out what they can do for you here and use code MAXL20 to save 20 percent off!
Resources from this episode:
The Power of Positive Thinking by Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
How to Finish One Book a Week by Jim Kwik, SuperheroYou
The Confidence/Competence Loop by Kevin Eikenberry, Leadership & Learning
Berkshire Hathaway Star Followed Warren Buffett's Advice: Read 500 Pages a Day by Kathleen Elkins, CNBC
Can Language Skills Ward Off Alzheimer's? A Nuns' Study by Tiffany Sharples, Time
Brain Tip of the Week: Build A Memory Palace by Jim Kwik, SuperheroYou
The Daniel Plan: 40 Days to a Healthier Life by Rick Warren and Dr. Daniel Amen
"Memory Hacks" Part I: The Baker/baker Paradox by Ryan Nguyen, The Almost Doctor's Channel
Genius Foods: Become Smarter, Happier, and More Productive While Protecting Your Brain for Life by Max Lugavere and Paul Grewal M.D.
Join my mailing list and get access to the free PDF of 11 supplements that can help boost your brain function!