Who doesn’t love chicken tenders? In this recipe, dreamed up by chef Liana Werner-Gray (author of The Earth Diet), almond flour and turmeric make a great grain-free crust. The recipe also provides a delicious means of integrating turmeric into your diet in a tasty way. (You can also make these into chicken nuggets—just cut the chicken into square nugget shapes instead of tenders—kids love this recipe!)
What you’ll need:
- ¾ cup extra-virgin coconut oil, for cooking
- 1 egg
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips (or buy chicken breast pre-cut into tenders to save some time.)
What to do:
- Add the oil to a large pan and heat on medium-high.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg and add the chicken.
- Mix the almond flour, turmeric, pepper and salt. Put this mixture onto a plate.
- Take the chicken from the egg mixture and then dip them in the almond flour mixture. Coat well and then drop them into the hot pan.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side until golden brown and the chicken is cooked through.